Welcome to “The Artist’s Voice Adventures”
I love creating “next level” experiences that are both fun and expansive. But be warned: they aren’t your father’s photo workshops!
Although we aren’t currently able to travel, we will again! Until then, this page show you what my photo retreats are all about. They’re all about learning to SEE IN NEW WAYS: a skill which opens the door to expansion in all things. It’s the one thing all thought leaders know for sure.
WANT SOMETHING SPECIALIZED?
Contact Karen for Private 1-on-1 training or to create a custom photo retreat for your group!
Check UPCOMING EVENTS to see my latest virtual/online education events!
Some background on my ARTIST’S VOICE PHOTOGRAPHY RETREATS
It all began in Provence one spring at Julia Child’s summer home.
My then-business coach Makenna Held bought the property, aka La Pitchoune (Oh yes she di-id!) and said; “You should do a photography retreat here.” I looked at her quizzically and thought “What the heck is a photography retreat?” I heard myself say “AWESOME idea! I’m in! Can you help me?” And so she did. As it turned out, we created an entirely new genre of photography education.
It unfurled like an amazing technicolor dreamcoat…
- The Artist’s Voice: La Pitchoune (the very first retreat!)
- It began at Julia Child’s summer home in Provence (blog post)
- Cannes: France. Le sigh.
- The France Chapters (Videos with testimonials)
- Lake Tahoe/Truckee 3-day workshop: “See Your World” (blog post)
See also> Learn more about private workshops
Past retreats & workshops
- May 2016 – Provence, France at “The Artist’s Voice: La Pitchoune”, Julia Child’s summer home. Read about it here. And here.
- October 2016 – Cannes, France
- June 2017 – Cannes, France
- September 2017 – Cannes, France
- March 2018 – Lake Tahoe (3-day workshop)
- October 2018 – Truckee/Tahoe
- January 2019 – Colorado
- June 2019 – Italy: Venice/Italian Dolomites
- October 2019 – Truckee/Tahoe